On average, the cost of studies at an institution of higher education is approximately between 1 248 – 11 587 Euros per year for 1st cycle (Bachelor) studies, from 2 242 to 12 581 Euros per year for 2nd cycle (Master) studies (the total costs for studies are indicated, including both public and private universities. Information on tuition fees for entrants choosing respective study areas in 2017 is available by clicking this link (in Lithuanian).
High-performing students of Lithuanian IHE are awarded scholarships. The Law on Education and Science also provides for the possibility for high-performers to pursue studies in seats financed by the state (that is, they are provided free tuition).
The right to a state-funded study seat or to a refund of the tuition fee is granted to:
- Lithuanian citizens;
- Foreigners who are children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren of the Lithuanian diaspora and people of Lithuanian descent (hereinafter referred to as the diaspora and people of Lithuanian descent;
- Citizens of the member countries of the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA).
Other persons admitted to Lithuanian HEI are required to cover tuition fees themselves.
You might also be interested in:
- How are studies organized in Lithuanian institutions of higher education?
- How and what documents should be submitted for admission to institutions of higher education?
- Am I entitled to any benefits during my studies if I am an alien of Lithuanian descent?
- I am studying abroad. Will my education/studies be recognized in Lithuania?
- What is professional retraining (continuing vocational training) and apprenticeship?
- What is meant by adult education, senior education and lifelong learning program?