The right of permanent residence of the EU citizens in Lithuania
An EU citizen acquires the right of permanent residence in Lithuania and is issued a certificate certifying the right of an EU citizen to reside in Lithuania, if he/she:
- resided legally in Lithuania during past 5 years;
- has the right to restore citizenship of the Republic of Lithuania in the procedure established by the Law on Citizenship of the Republic of Lithuania;
- is a person of Lithuanian descent;
- arrived to live in Lithuania together with a citizen of the Republic of Lithuania as his/her family member (about the right of the EU citizens, family members, of permanent residence in Lithuania see here).
An application to issue a certificate certifying the right of a EU citizen to reside permanently in Lithuania shall be submitted to the Migration Division of the Territorial Police Office in the territory of whose service an alien intends to declare or has declared his/her place of residence. Detailed information about the documents to be submitted and more information about these certificates are available on this Internet website.
You might also be interested in:
- General information about the arrival and residence of citizens of the EU and EFTA Member States who are not family members of a citizen of the Republic of Lithuania
- The right of temporary residence of EU citizens in Lithuania
- Legalisation of the documents submitted
- Citizenship issues
- Declaration of the place of residence
- Lithuanian language courses for foreigners