search_icopersonal search form:
Topics I am interested in:
  • Work and employment

  • Social guarantees

  • Education

  • Foreigners in Lithuania

  • Other issues

chat_icopost your question here:
Užpildykite neįvestus laukelius!
consult with us by phone: 8 800 22922 | 8 525 14352
or contact us via skype: skype Migracijos informacijos centras
follow us: facebook youtube
General information
img1 img2

General information


If members of your family are citizens of third countries (i.e., not the citizens of the EU or EFTA Member States), rules somewhat different from those for the EU citizens are applicable to them. Documents of three kinds can be issued to the citizens of third countries, family members of the citizens of the Republic of Lithuania:

  • The Residence Card of a Family Member of the European Union Citizen permitting to reside temporarily or permanently in the country;
  • A permit of temporary residence in Lithuania;
  • A permit of a long-time resident of the Republic of Lithuania to reside in the EU (a permanent residence permit).


You might also be interested in: