- How does health insurance work in Lithuania?
- What is the difference between private and public healthcare institutions?
- In what way and how many health insurance contributions should be paid?
- How should one register with a healthcare institution?
- How should one get free emergency medical assistance during a short visit to Lithuania?
- Can I be insured in one country and receive treatment in another?
- Provision of emergency medical assistance
- Health care provision in a foreign language
The official language of medical institutions in Lithuania is Lithuanian. However, depending on the physicians’ qualification, consultations can be received in the English, Russian and Polish languages. Usually younger physicians or physicians of private foreign capital health care institutions are more likely to speak English. Information about the physicians speaking a particular language is provided at the reception of the institution.