For how long and what amount of UI benefit shall I be paid?
UI benefit is paid for 9 months independently of a work record.
A UI benefit is a sum of two parts: a fixed part and a variable part:
- The fixed part consists of 30 percent of the minimum payment. Currently – 120 Eur (400 Eur x 30 proc).
- The variable part for the first 3 months amounts of 50 percent of the recipient‘s average wage; 4-6 months – 40 percent; 7-9 months – 30 percent (Only your earnings in Lithuania will be taken into account. This means that even though the unemployment insurance record is transferred from other countries, your foreign earned income shall not affect the amount of an unemployment benefit)..
Calculation of an unemployment social insurance benefit:
- 1-3 months. 120 EUR + 50 percent of the average wage of an employee;
- 4-6 months. 120 EUR + 40 percent of the average wage of an employee;
- 7-9 months. 120 EUR + 30 percent of the average wage of an employee.
Maximum UI payment cannot exceed 75 percent of country‘s average wage.
You might also be interested in:
- How can one claim for an unemployment social insurance (UI) benefit?
- Can I receive an unemployment benefit abroad and look for a job in Lithuania?
- For those returning from the EU/EEA countries or Switzerland – E 104 certificate form
- Job search via the Lithuanian Labour Exchange (LLE)
- What is professional retraining (continuing vocational training) and apprenticeship?
- Aggregation of insured periods acquired abroad to qualify for a sickness benefit