How should one look for a job independently?
Private job search portals have developed large databases advertising job vacancies, where you can upload your curriculum vitae (CV) and apply for these jobs.
In all these portals, sending a CV to registered users is free of charge. A fee is charged only in cases when you want your ad to be more visible. The price depends on the quantity and duration of the services ordered.
Tips on how to write a CV and CV templates are provided on Europass website.
More examples are available on the Web.
If you think that writing and sending a CV on your own will take too much of your time, or if you are not yet determined what profession to choose, you might consider getting help from employment agencies. These are private companies/agencies helping you to choose the right career and self-identify the priorities of a certain profession, providing information regarding upcoming vacancies in your area of expertise, helping you write a CV, organizing courses and seminars. Employment agencies charge fees for the services provided.
You might also be interested in:
- Job search via the Lithuanian Labour Exchange (LLE)
- Programs for returning Lithuanian citizens or those wishing to return
- How can one claim for an unemployment social insurance (UI) benefit?
- Can I receive an unemployment benefit abroad and look for a job in Lithuania?
- How is income taxed in Lithuania?